Thursday, August 5, 2010


The first interviews, given separately, but on the same show, took place today with Don Raihala and Julie Lassa. The Joy Cardin show on WPR starts with a tongue lashing by a KUWS reporter soured by not getting the interview. Julie Lassa was generous enough to give a 15 minute interview from 7:15-7:30 and Don Raihala finished the hour by giving a 30 minute interview from 7:30-8:00.
The link to show #100805B is downloadable and can be found at:
wpr.org/webcasting/audioarchives/_display.cfm?Code=jca
You make the call. 12 years of Wisconsin government service vs. the last minute filer.
For the record: Mike at KUWS has never called or left a message, nor has he ever sent an email and yes he did cry to my dad. As mentioned in the interview, it made no sense to do interviews and send people to a website that nobody could find or had my written issues up yet, we had just gotten indexed by google a little more than a week ago.

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed listening to the two Democratic candidates talk about the issues. In the past I think voters looked at a candidate’s government experience as a positive attribute. Nowadays a long government resume is perceived as a negative. Look how many voters are pushing for term limits. This is the year of the upsets where fresh faces are given a chance to earn the voters trust. I look forward to hearing more about the candidates’ positions on key issues. I hope to hear from them both on WPR; will you have them on again as guests?
    Bill F

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to the two democratic candidates talk about the issues on WPR. Don I was inspired by your openness to answer difficult questions with such honesty. As a long time democrat I am worried about the parties’ alliance with the progressive agenda. I really liked how you focused on the national debt and that we will need to make tough decisions in the future. Your opponent believes we can continue to spend our children’s future away. Keep fighting for traditional democrat values. Lets stop spending, lets bring the troops home, and lets fix health care the right way.
    Mary C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me get this straight. According to Joy Cardin's Facebook page Julie Lassa had a campaign commitment before 7:15 in the morning?? Apparently the party doesn't want her to talk and I can see why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I strongly agree with the above comments Bill makes. I also listened to both democratic candidates on WPR. I would like to thank Don Raihala for bringing honesty, integrity, and values to the campaign. His comments during the interview were well stated, not rehearsed. He is ready to bring focus to Washington with strong fiscal responsibility - we need Don there! I hope democrats in district 7 take the time to research the candidates and learn what a positive influence he would have on our future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The working people of Northern Wisconsin need to hear more from Don Raihala. I enjoyed his interview on WPR. I would like to hear Raihala and Lassa together debating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. John in Ashaland, WisconsinAugust 9, 2010 at 7:05 PM

    Julie Lassa is a Democratic puppet of Dave Obey. I talked to Don Raihala when he was getting signatures in Ashland, Don wants to make a difference, not career in politics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiting in WisconsinAugust 18, 2010 at 7:27 PM

    STILL WAITING FOR THE DAILY UPDATES ON THIS SITE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GO GET SOME OF THAT DEMOCRATIC KOOL-AID MR. RAIHALA! MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! GOOD STUFF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sleeping at the wheelAugust 30, 2010 at 12:45 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete